Sunday, August 31, 2008

Roadtrip: Alsace



Where can I begin? I can start at that little cafe. I had a little red pouch where I kept my written diary, something I've kept up since eleven - that is eleven years old. I was sitting there and writing in it about the last time I was exploring a town like this. Looking at the state of my hands. I spent some time in Germany, you see. A long lonely time. At the same time I was completely free. I had a job, a car and some money. I had nothing better to do than to spend my weekends just exploring with a map. After having spent a little time walking along the river that goes through the center of Strasbourg, I was in a cafe reminiscing about those days. You know, the days when there was nothing calling you but the draw of the next adventure. Nothing holding you but a quiet warm calling that is your own conscience or maybe your sister - it says: Try. Try hard, and travel as long and as far as you can. Now, while you can.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful tarts and beautiful wines. Alsace is a dreamland.
You are still drawing wonderful adventures in every new blog you write.
Doolz

1:54 AM, September 01, 2008  
Blogger Meg Blocker said...

Oh, Lucy, I love Strasbourg. I'm planning to go back in November on my way home from India. Cannot wait.

Beautiful photo.

4:14 AM, September 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came back from Alsace! The food and wine was stunning. Pudlo was very useful, thank you!

3:29 PM, September 02, 2008  
Blogger Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Just lovely, and a great reminder to us all to do (fill-in-the-blank) now...while we can :)

7:04 PM, September 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home