Thursday, March 01, 2007

Playing Hookey

The plan is to swing by the station I pass each day to go to work and instead of passing it climb aboard after a quick look to find a track. Into the center of Paris in the blink of an eye, suddenly in the middle of it, almost like getting on the metro and stepping off. I'll pack light but also pack as much into the weekend as possible. There are things to see and people to meet. Meals are slotted in one after the next with one person and then the other. In between I will look and gather and align myself along the groove swirling round the arrondissments. Gifts and presence, bisous and breakfasts. A lunch date clenched it and I've pulled it out like an accordian. I will take some time for myself on the streets in between, with a special visit to the quartier Chinois planned alone. There are certain things I need. I will go to the Japanese movie theater for a talkie in VO and remember when we were in the little one room place with ancient yellowed wallpaper by the canal.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you follow through, Lucy. These are beautifully laid plans...

11:27 PM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Jann said...

Yes, like Mimi said, they are great plans.carry on.........

2:34 AM, March 02, 2007  
Blogger Kate Hill said...

Where in the world is Lucy?
Word has it she was lunching in Paris? Do tell! it is quiet along this southern canal...too quiet.

7:59 PM, March 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home