Saturday, March 01, 2008

Seeds and Their Force


Thanks for the present, Fran!

March 2008. My friend Fran and I met halfway between my place and hers and she brought me a little present as a surprise. It was a brown paper package and had all kinds of nice things inside. I was thinking, while walking home along the river that day, about how much I appreciate the gift of friendships new and old right now. The month of March this year feels a little bit like a gift. No grand occasion, just brought out of Mother Nature's shoulder bag and placed there, on the table. What do I hope is inside? I want this March to be able to see and hear the world that is awakening now. I want to tune in to the sprouting seed in me. Time to look inside and garner my force. I am ready to put in the grand effort I need to push through, out into the sun. As another friend that I met for the first time in person during the month of March last year often says: Onward! That seems to be a very good word today. We are opening the windows this weekend, and giving the house a good scrub down.

14 Comments:

Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Lucy, your story and your photos are simply electrifying and beautiful!
I truly loved this bread. This bread and your blog make me long for another visit to France.

2:38 PM, March 01, 2008  
Blogger L Vanel said...

Dear Tanna, Thank you for your comment!

3:13 PM, March 01, 2008  
Blogger Suzana said...

Lucy, beautifully written post. Friendship and spring represent the best of both human beings and nature.

3:25 PM, March 01, 2008  
Blogger Megan said...

Beautifully said.

4:21 PM, March 01, 2008  
Blogger Tace said...

This has been a good year so far, I expect no less from March. I think I understand the onward feeling, things are moving forward. It's a good feeling, just like scrubbing out my oven. Positive progress, haha.

10:43 PM, March 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy - Your words set a lovely tone for the month ahead!

~gail

7:19 AM, March 02, 2008  
Blogger L Vanel said...

Thank you Suzana, Megan, Tace, and Gail, for stopping by and saying hello!

10:09 AM, March 02, 2008  
Blogger Natalie, aka "Sheltie Girl" said...

Thank you for a beautiful story and your pictures of mouth watering bread. Your home is doubly blessed with two bread makers. Wonderful job!

Natalie @ Gluten A Go Go

4:09 PM, March 02, 2008  
Blogger T’s Treats said...

Wonderful!! The post and your amazing Bread!! So touching and wonderful!

4:46 AM, March 03, 2008  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Isn't it wonderful, that shift of light and vitality that comes with the first of March?
Winter is finally ending and everything feels so wonderful!

11:43 AM, March 03, 2008  
Blogger a toi rose society said...

March is also New Year's for many people in the world. Your blog is lovely.

2:16 PM, March 03, 2008  
Blogger Diane Cransac said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and know I will definitely be coming back again and again. I recently moved to France and finally have time to cook once again, after many years to busy with my own business to even think straight. I have also just married the kindest man who is from near Agen and would like to please his palate with some dishes he is familiar with. After finding your blog I have hope of that happening. Thanks so much!

10:46 AM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger L Vanel said...

Tigue dear, I've been to your blog and it's lovely. Being near Agen, you must find the cooking school at Kate Hill's place. She is very close to Agen. I understand she is also taking stagieres at this time.

8:57 PM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger christine said...

March is always full of hope for me too. Onward! has a nice ring to it.

2:18 PM, March 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home