Monday, June 16, 2008

The PUDLO has Arrived!




The PUDLO guide has finally arrived! After months and months of translating my way through all of the regions of France, restaurant by restaurant, town after city, region after region, working with Phyllis on her part, then passing it on to dear Angela for production, the France guide is out.

This is the second PUDLO guide I have worked on, and I have to say that culinary translation is one of the most satisfying and educational experiences that a food loving writer can do. Not only did I enjoy the work, but I feel like a better person coming out of the experience.

Please do pick up your copy, and enjoy reading the list of Gilles Pudlowski's recommended restaurants throughout every corner of France. With approximately 1200 pages and 20,000 French ideas for dishes to choose from, the possibilities will never run out. This book is FULL of ideas.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great guide - even for someone not in France as it's fascinating to read about all the wonderful restuarants!

8:40 PM, June 16, 2008  
Blogger Angela said...

Congratulations, Lucy! What an enormous effort that must have been. I have the Pudlo Paris and am thoroughly enjoying it. Bravo to you and your team for bring these books to English readers. I look forward to purchasing Pudlo France, and seeing more of your fabulous blog!

1:39 PM, June 20, 2008  
Blogger Slippery Rock said...

Good for you, Lucy! I know you worked hard on this! Way to go! I am proud of you! How is your own book going?

1:39 PM, June 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Lucy!
I had my local libary order the book which arrived yesterday. It is a real treasure and so well organized.
Thanks for your effort.

5:20 PM, June 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home