Monday, October 01, 2007

The Cassole


Last winter, I took the train down south. They do sausage very well down there. Just before I left, Kate put a little cassole in my hands. It is an itty bitty version of the heirloom vessel she writes about on her blog today. Today I noticed that she has begun, with the knowledge she has gathered over the years, to address the singular elements of the cassoulet, one by one. She begins with the cassole. I respond by bringing the one she gave me out from the cupboard, preparing to follow her lead.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Yummm, Cassoulet! I had the real thing once (At least, I think it was the real thing) It was incredible and so different for the usual!

10:23 AM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger Kate Hill said...

Ok, Lucy V. Let's make cassoulet!
Now we have the cassole, what comes next? The bean. Start hunting around for a very good bean. They are fresh this time of year and don't need soaking. The Cassoulet game's afoot!

10:00 PM, October 02, 2007  
Blogger L Vanel said...

Fresh beans. The search begins in the morning. Thank you for coming by Katie, and Kate!

10:31 PM, October 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure if I recall when was the last time I ate cassoulet! Makes me have my mouth water, tiens !

12:52 AM, October 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...I didn't get one! I guess that means I need to go back and visit Kate : )

1:33 PM, October 03, 2007  
Blogger Jann said...

I would enjoy tasting some of this right now.Like Bea, I am not at all certain when I had cassoulet last~the cassoule is gorgeous!

3:16 AM, October 04, 2007  
Blogger Kate Hill said...

Hey David, come to the next Winter gathering... for the party favors!
To those who show up!

11:10 PM, October 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucy-could you give me the dimensions of the cassole. i make pottery and my husand would love to have a home made cassoulet in a hand made pot. i need the height, the top diameter and the bottom diameter. thanks a lot
aliénor

10:13 PM, November 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home